Cambridge CELTA Part-time (Online)
Course is entirely online (all sessions + teaching practice).
10% OFF Tuition Fees - for all applicants who apply through Cactus TEFL only.
| Course ref.
| Course Type
Online and Distance TEFL Courses
| Min Age
| Maximum Class Size
| Exam Board Fee Included
| Class Times
AM and PM online teaching practice time slots available
The Online CELTA course is the exact same high-quality programme as the face-to-face course at our Teacher Training centres but delivered completely online.
You receive the same highly-regarded CELTA qualification
You complete the same course curriculum
You are taught by the same experienced, supportive team
The Online CELTA course also includes sessions on how to teach online and includes a pre-course Tech Orientation Week. These special workshops run one week before the CELTA course and train attendees in using online tools essential for the CELTA course. This allows trainees to be fully prepared and confident when the course starts.
CELTA is a course giving you a thorough grounding in all aspects of teaching the English language to adults. One of the most widely taken qualifications of its kind, thousands of people each year choose CELTA to open up a world of exciting English language teaching opportunities. Part of the University of Cambridge and validated by Cambridge English Language Assessment, the Cambridge CELTA course is recognised and accepted by teaching institutions worldwide.
As part of the package you can take part in the pre-course Tech Orientation Week for candidates who wish to have some training with our online platforms. This will allow you to be fully prepared and confident when the course starts.
The course is very practical in nature and teaching practice takes place using Zoom under the guidance of your tutor. Course time is set aside for the preparation of these lessons and your tutor will assist and guide you throughout your time with us. You will gain experience in teaching at two distinct levels.
This component is designed to familiarise trainees with aspects of the English language. It focuses on grammar and structure (form), meaning in context (function) and the sound system of the English language (phonology).
Candidates need to complete 4 written assignments which range from formal language analysis to a study of teaching materials. They are graded on a pass or fail basis and candidates must pass 3 out of 4 assignments.
Methodology of Language Teaching & Learning
This involves the analysis and appreciation of various methods, styles and strategies for both language teaching and learning. You are also introduced to a range of teaching aids and classroom management techniques.
Live Online Observations
During the course you will be timetabled for 6 hours of live online observation. This will give you the opportunity to see experienced teachers in action. These observations are complemented by specific observation tasks, which will be referred to throughout the course.
- Be at least 18 (it is generally recommended that candidates should be aged 20 or over, but candidates aged between 18 and 20 can be accepted at the centre's discretion)
- Have an awareness of language and a competence in both written and spoken English, which will enable them to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels (C1 on the CEFR)
- Have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to complete successfully the written assignments and the assessment of practical teaching
School Details - London Bloomsbury Sq
Founded in 1977, the school is a well-established and highly-reputed English language school in London. Their trainees enjoy excellent levels of care and attention from a friendly team of highly committed and dedicated staff to help you maximise your progress.
The school is perfectly located near the British Museum and Oxford Street, and is within walking distance of Holborn tube station, so students can enjoy all the very best that London has to offer.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.