Prices and Dates
Course ref: 7577
Course Type: Cambridge CELTA
Location: Dubai, UAE
Min Age: 18
Maximum Class Size: 12
Exam Board Fee Included:
Class Times: Sunday to Thursday 09:00 - 17:30
School Details - Dubai
The school was established in 1975 and is considered to be one of the oldest and largest general training institutes in the region. The institute is currently located in multiple locations in Dubai and recently expanded to other countries, with the intention to go international before mid-2016 a goal than has been accomplished. The school covers a wide range of training programmes such as languages and teacher training, IT studies, university studies, career development program, among others.
Many students join this school to enhance their professional skills as part of their continuous professional development. In addition to that the school offers a wide range of career development programmes for young job seekers who are looking to gain a set of skills before entering the job market.
The Cambridge CELTA course:
- teaches you the principles of effective teaching using a communicative
- provides a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners
- gives you hands-on teaching practice
- builds your confidence to plan and run successful classes
There are five main units of learning:
- Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
You will be assessed throughout the course, with no final examination.
An external assessor, appointed by Cambridge ESOL, moderates each course. There
are two components of assessment:
1. Teaching practice
You will teach for a total of six hours, working with classes at two levels of
ability. Assessment is based on your overall performance at the end of the
2. Written assignments
You will need to complete four written assignments: one focusing on adult
learning; one on the language system of English; one on language skills;
and one regarding a reflection of your own teaching.
To be awarded the certificate you must pass both components. There are three
grades - Pass, Pass 'B' and Pass 'A'.
Sunday to Thursday 09:00 - 17:30
Help for Jobs
We can often offer part-time/ hourly paid positions in our teaching centre to CELTA trainees who have excelled on the course. We also provide information about job opportunities in the region and globally as well as a session 'Preparing for CELTA interviews' towards the end of the course.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you're still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now; you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.
Map of Dubai, UAE