Prices and Dates
Course ref: 7545
Course Type: Cambridge CELTA
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Min Age: 18
Maximum Class Size: 12
Exam Board Fee Included:
Class Times: 8.00 - 4.30 - Wednesday to Sunday.
Extra Package - $2695
1. Accommodation (with breakfast)
2. A trip to Silk Island
3. A tour of the city (Royal Palace, and local temples)
4. Lunch & dinner on site (selected menu - Mon to Fri)
5. Free bicycle during your time on the CELTA course.
6. Guaranteed interviews for teaching jobs at the school various locations across Cambodia (Dependent on suitable qualifications)
Extra Package Plus - $2795
1. All the benefits of the extra package plus:
2. Work as an assistant for one week with highly qualified and experienced teachers
3. Observe skilled teachers put CELTA techniques into practice in the classroom
4. The chance to work with an ACE mentor who will guide you through our academic procedures, and best classroom practices
5. An opportunity to co-teach with your mentor and develop your confidence and your teaching skills
School Details - Phnom Penh
The school is a leader in the provision of English Language Teaching services in Cambodia and in the South East Asia region.
The school is part of the group has over 45 years of experience in international student placement service with over 400,000 students placed into quality institutions in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada and New Zealand.
The group is a leading provider of English Language Teaching (ELT) in South East Asia and delivers classes that cater for a diverse range of students. The school offers teacher training courses in Phnom Penh. Every year, thousands of students trust the schools across Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand.
The school also organises a large international conference in South East Asia each year for English language teachers!
The CELTA consists of a minimum of 120 contact hours spread over 4 weeks:
- Input sessions for teaching approaches and techniques.
- Tutor support with lesson plans.
- 6 hours of assessed teaching practice.
- Constructive feedback after teaching practice.
- 4 written assignments.
- 6 hours of experienced teacher observations.
- Top Banana Guesthouse from $5
- Vanny's Peaceful Guesthouse from $10
- Long Live Hotel from $20
- Omana Hotel from $28
- Ambrose Villa from $40
8.00 - 4.30 - Wednesday to Sunday.
Help for Jobs
We have local connections to help CELTA graduates find jobs in Cambodia. We also recruit from the CELTA and successful candidates, who meet our qualification requirements, are invited to interview for jobs in our school in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. (Recruitment is based on the schools needs at the time of application).
We also have a partnership with ACET, who have schools in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
They offer our successful candidates a 50% discount on the cost of the CELTA, if they sign a 12 month contract within a month of completing the course.
The offer depends on Job availability and a successful job interview.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you're still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now; you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.
Map of Phnom Penh, Cambodia