School Details - Buenos Aires Belgrano
About Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires is the cultural and commercial centre of Argentina, where South America and Europe meet to create a stylish and cosmopolitan city that takes the term 'fashionably late' to a whole new level. Don't be suprised if you find yourself eating dinner at midnight, or seated in a bar with other porteños (residents of Buenos Aires) at 4am.
Sometime referred to as the 'Paris of South America', Buenos Aires is the largest city in Argentina with around 13 million inhabitants. There is an efficient subte (metro) network and bus (colectivo) system which keeps this bustling city moving, as well as lots of bars, cafés, parks, museums and theatres in which to to seek refuge.
Despite the political and economic challenges that have faced Argentina's previous governments, it's a lively and fascinating country with vastly differing landscapes and climates - a great place to travel and teach and start or develop your career as an EFL teacher.
About the school
The school is a centre for high quality teacher training offering year-round intensive and part-time DELTA, CELTA and IHC Spanish courses. Their dedicated team of highly qualified staff who have many years of experience allows them more flexibility in the design and range of courses offered.
The school has been established in Argentina since the 1970s and has grown into one of the largest and most prestigious private language institutes in the city of Buenos Aires. The quality of their staff and their in-service teacher development programme is second to none and their reputation for high quality English language instruction is unrivalled.
One of the aims of their international network of schools has always been to promote the development of high-quality English language instruction throughout the world and Teacher Training Centre in Buenos Aires has been established specifically to meet this need in Argentina.
What are the Delta Modules?
The best-known and most popular advanced TEFL/TESOL qualifications in the world, the Cambridge English Delta Modules are a flexible way for experienced English language teachers to progress further in their careers.
Delta Modules can be taken at any stage in a teacher's career. They are suitable for people already teaching English in a variety of contexts, e.g. adult, primary or secondary teaching, and are intended for an international audience of non-first language or first-language teachers of English.
The Delta Modules are internationally recognised qualifications designed for teachers who wish to build on their experience of teaching English to speakers of other languages. They aim to increase understanding of the principles and practice of English language teaching and thereby help improve overall performance in the classroom, as well as preparing candidates for more senior teaching or educational management roles. The courses are validated and the syllabus and assessment criteria set by Cambridge English.
There are three Delta Modules which are separately assessed and certified:
- Module One focuses on the background to teaching and learning English in a range of contexts and is assessed through a written examination.
- Module Two focuses on planning and teaching lessons and selecting and using resources and materials and is assessed through a portfolio of coursework and an externally assessed classroom observation.
- Module Three focuses on designing courses to meet learners' needs in specific contexts and is assessed through an extended written assignment.
Candidates are awarded a Diploma from Cambridge English for each module successfully achieved. Achievement of a Pass in all three modules confers the status of a full Delta qualification.
The Cambridge Delta Modules Combined Intensive Course at International House Buenos Aires includes preparation for the Delta Module One exam, including methodological input, exam technique sessions and a mock exam; Module Two in its entirety and preparation for writing your Module Three assignment.
Delta Module Three aims
Delta Module three is designed to enable candidates to:
- develop their knowledge in relation to specialisms within English language teaching
- develop their knowledge of the principles of curriculum design and assessment in an English language teaching context, and to be able to apply it to a specific group of learners
- synthesise all of their learning into a project which can be coherently presented to a third party
Cambridge Delta Module Three Tutorial Support
The school offers full preparation for writing your Delta Module Three assignment through our individual online tutorial support packages. Working through email and Skype or Facetime, course candidates and tutors meet online for each tutorial to discuss comprehensive written feedback provided for draft assignments and give advice about future planning of assignments at various stages of the writing process.
Delta Module Three:
- Input sessions providing in-depth coverage of the five units of the syllabus
- Personalised study plans for background reading and research
- Individual tutorials providing feedback and recommendations on each stage of the assignment writing process
Assessment and certification
Delta Module Three is assessed via a 4 500-word extended written assignment.
Grades awarded are Pass with Distinction, Pass with Merit, Pass or Fail.
Your course tutors
Your course tutors are highly-experienced teacher-trainers approved by Cambridge English, who have been training teachers on CELTA and DELTA courses in Buenos Aires for around ten years. Each candidate's final lesson for Delta Module Two is observed by an external assessor from Cambridge ESOL.
Course entry requirements
- Applicants should be aged 20 or over.
- Applicants must have an awareness of language and a competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables them to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels. This would ideally be at Cambridge CPE (Proficiency) level (CEF C2).
- Applicants must have a standard of education, which would allow entrance to higher education in their country.
- Applicants will normally hold an initial ELT qualification.
- Applicants should have a minimum of two year's full-time teaching experience at a range of levels in a range of contexts, including both adults and children.
- Applicants will have already followed a Delta Module Three preparation course. There is no methodology input during the tutorials. They are only designed to help you through the writing process. It is assumed you already know what to write about.
Tutorials are arranged according to the number needed and the times available to both tutors and candidates. Tutorials can be bought in packs from one to five tutorials, although five tutorials are recommended to ensure you keep on track throughout the assignment. The first tutorial takes place at the beginning of the writing process and focuses on the key issues behind your choice of specialism and helps you plan your needs analysis and diagnostic test. The second tutorial provides feedback on stage one of the writing process and helps you to plan stage two. The third tutorial provides feedback on stage two and helps you to plan stage three. The fourth tutorial looks back at stage three and ahead towards stage four. The final tutorial takes place once you have completed a first draft of the entire assignment, to provide you with comprehensive feedback and advice on what further work is necessary, ahead of submitting the assignment to Cambridge English by the deadline.
See Course Description below.
The course is very intense and I got much out of it. I found it to be a very well structured and the support we got throughout was excellent.
- Francesca Avanzini -
Excellent - good resources, supportive, friendly and experienced trainers.
- Jennie Rhodes -
The school is fine.The trainers were extremely good. I would strongly recommend this course to other potential CELTA students. The course is very intensive and very informative. Buenos Aires is a great city.
- Russell Ormes -
Help for Jobs
If you are planning to stay in Buenos Aires and work after the course, then there is usually a range of job opportunities available either through private teaching or working for downtown Business English agencies. The course tutors will be happy to give you advice and put you in contact with our wide network of local contacts who are regularly looking for both CELTA and DELTA qualified teachers.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.