School Details - Rome Corso Vittorio Emanuele II
Our school in Rome is located at Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, on the second floor, just two minutes away from the spectacular Campo dei Fiori with its wonderful market and five minutes from Piazza Navona, in an area full of monuments, shops, restaurants and cafes. The building still retains beautiful aspects of the time period's architecture.
The rooms of the school are all spacious, air-conditioned, bright and comfortable. There is WIFI in all rooms available for students and staff.
The Trinity CertTESOL course is a combination of:
- Guided lesson preparation and observed teaching practice. Our training team will guide you through the teaching process, from assisting you with lesson preparation to assessing and giving constructive feedback on your classes which will be given to real students of English.
- Input sessions related to English language teaching
- Individual assignments
This course is validated by TrinityCollege and covers all 5 units of the Trinity Cert TESOL qualification:
Unit 1: Teaching Skills
- Classroom teaching practice (when you prepare lessons and teach students).
- Classroom teaching practice will be assessed by your course tutors.
- Self-evaluation of your classroom teaching practice.
- Observation of experienced teachers.
- Teaching Practice Journal to be submitted at the end of the course.
Unit 2: Language Awareness
- Develop your understanding of grammar, vocabulary and phonology through attending input sessions taught by the class tutors.
- Written exam to test your understanding near the end of the course.
Unit 3: Learner Profile
- Interview, prepare a 1-to-1 lesson for (i.e. a private lesson) and teach this lesson to a real English language learner.
- Produce a written assignment describing what you learnt about the learner, their first language and also details and an assessment of the lesson you taught. This will be assessed by the course tutors.
Unit 4: Materials Assignment
- Create a set of materials for your classroom teaching practice during the course.
- Produce a short report describing how and why you created them and how effective they were.
- This will be assessed through an interview with Trinity moderator on final day.
Unit 5: Unknown Language
- Participate as a student in 4 unknown language lessons.
- Produce a written journal describing your experience and how this will influence your teaching.
- Teaching Business English
- Teaching young learners
- Songs in the classroom
- ICT in the classroom
- Teaching online
- How to evaluate and test students
Working in ELT
- How to write an effective CV
- How to interview well
- How to find work in Spain and worldwide
Our accommodation is carefully selected from amongst the best in town; in areas both close to the school or, if further away, well connected by public transport.
Single Room in a shared flat: from EUR 500 to EUR 700 for four weeks
Double Room (for students travelling as couples): from EUR 350 to EUR 450 per person for four weeks
Independent Apartment: from EUR 1000 a month for a studio to EUR 3000 for an apartment with 2 to 3 bedrooms.
Homestay: Would you really like to completely immerse yourself in Italian language and culture, both inside and outside of the school? Our homestay program allows you to live with an Italian family, sharing in their day-to-day life from the dinner table to evenings and weekends in their company. The carefully selected families participate in meetings to prepare them to host foreign students and are always in close contact with our secretaries. In response to the growing number of requests for homestays, especially from university programs, Italiaidea is also able to offer this opportunity to whole student groups thanks to the collaboration of various families who, by this point, are experts in receiving and helping students.
Monday from 11.30am to 8.30pm + Tuesday & Thursday from 4.30pm to 8.30pm
Bethany Hyland (21, American): I loved it! I learned so much on this course and I'm very excited to use it! I start my job in a few months and I can't imagine going into it without having had this course. Having actual teaching experience under my belt makes me feel much more prepared for my first teaching position!
Sophie Challis (27, British): I would highly recommend doing a teacher training course here if you want a high level of quality, knowledge and experience. After the course they helped me to get a job by contacting local language schools and sending them my CV. I finished the course on Friday, and by Tuesday I had a job. Fantastic!
Alison Tate (42, British): A great experience! Miriam said in the interview, be prepared to put your life on hold for a month and she was not wrong! But it has been worth it! I feel prepared to go out into the big world to find a job! Thank you for making it an enjoyable course!
Lara Hoesktra (23, Dutch): This was an amazing experience! If you want to become a certified English teacher, I would definitely recommend this course! Be prepared to work, but don�t worry it will all be worth it!
Walter Hudyma (27, American): It was a fun but intense course. You learn a lot throughout the month and there are opportunities to put your new knowledge into practice. The trainers are all very helpful and very passionate. The course gives you a great foundation to build off of, and resources to continue in the field of teaching English.
Max Flamme (30, Belgian): The course provided is highly recommendable. Competent trainers, a professional environment, constructive feedback throughout the course and� a good vibe. It is intense, but very rewarding. If you can manage to organize your time and meet the deadlines, you�ll be able to enjoy the city as well. The course has been an emotional rollercoaster, but it�s a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Roy Griffiths (52, British): One of the most challenging but hugely rewarding months of my professional life! I can�t recommend this course highly enough to anyone who is considering teaching English as a foreign language and I can�t wait to get started in my new work!
Clover Sykes (20, British): I enjoyed the course very much. The tutors were always extremely helpful and although there were a lot of input sessions, they taught me a lot about the English language! Very intense but extremely enjoyable!
Help for Jobs
We care about our graduates and help you find the best job possible.
There�s is a big demand for English teachers in Italy. Compared to other European countries, the level of English here is quite low, so Italians need to improve their English in order to find a good job in Italy or abroad. This means there are plenty of job opportunities here!
In the final week of your course you�ll have a specialised input session about teaching in Italy. In this lesson you will get all information and tips about finding employment in your preferred area. In addition, you will learn how to write a TEFL CV and to conduct job interviews efficiently. Upon completion of the course we will provide you with a letter of recommendation and a list of all language schools in Italy. We collaborate with local language schools and help you find a job by putting you in contact with them.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.