School Details - San Sebastian Donostia
The centre is an internationally renowned provider of language services. It is much more than a language school. It is a place where they prepare the students to go out and discover the world. Their job is to provide them with the passport that will take them there. LANGUAGE.
To communicate and engage with others. So that nothing will prevent them from reaching their goals, no matter how great or small. Whether here or there. In life, work, play or business.
They are passionate about education and strive to offer their students unique experiences.
They do it by providing a range of services including language courses, recreational activities, summer camps, language study abroad and teacher training.
Unit 1: Teaching Skills
Unit 2: Language Awareness
Unit 3: Learner Profile
Unit 4: Materials Assignment
Unit 5: Unknown Language
Structure of the Course
The course is a four-week intensive programme with training sessions (known as input sessions) in the mornings and observed and assessed teaching practice in the afternoons. Course participants will also be required to complete a number of written assignments connected to the course units shown above.
These will cover areas such as teaching grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, writing, speaking and listening. Full details on the timetable will be given as part of the interview process.
Trainee teachers will have 6 hours of observed and assessed teaching practice with real language learners who will all be adults. They will receive both verbal and written feedback from their tutors to help them to develop their skills.
Trainee teachers will have to write assignments connected to Unit 3, Learner Profile and Unit 5, Unknown Language. As part of Unit 1, Teaching Skills, they will have to produce a Teaching Practice Portfolio and write an assignment connected to observations of experienced teachers. Finally, they will have a language awareness test as part of the assessment for Unit 2, Language Awareness.
Accommodation Options (bullet points including prices):
- We have a member of our team who would work with each course participant to arrange suitable accommodation.
- This can include flats, home-stays and hotels, depending on the time of the year and availability.
- Trainees on past courses have been very pleased with the location, quality and cost of the accommodation that we have arranged for them.
Help for Jobs
Advice on finding employment is given throughout the course and once trainees have graduated, we will continue to offer help, support and guidance. We will also be happy to provide references. In addition, the school looks to recruit from the courses provided so the opportunity of immediate employment with us in San Sebastian may well be available.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you're still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now; you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.