Prices and Dates
Trinity Cert TESOL
Course ref: 7446
Course Type: Trinity TESOL
Location: Sheffield, United Kingdom
Min Age: 18
Maximum Class Size: 12
Exam Board Fee Included:
Class Times: From 10 am to 5.15 pm
School Details - Sheffield
The school has been set up alongside our partners to offer professional teaching qualifications validated by Trinity College London. The tutors are all highly experienced tutors and practitioners in the field of TESOL and some are moderators and examiners for Trinity.
If accepted on the course you will be required to complete a pre-course workbook designed to raise your awareness of the English language. You will also be required to do some preparatory reading with the same aim in mind. The pre-course workbook is part of the course and should be completed in the two weeks before the course begins.
The main aim of the course is to develop you into a competent and confident ESOL teacher at this level, with the potential for employment virtually anywhere in the world.
1. Language Awareness: Basics of English grammar, grammatical terminology, phonetics, phonology.
2. Teaching Methodology; An outline of the main theories of language learning
as they apply to TESOL and how to design effective lesson plans.
3. Teaching Techniques: How to present new language and manage monolingual and multilingual teaching groups, using a range of aids.
4. Unknown Language; Experience lessons taught entirely in an unfamiliar language and reflect on your own thoughts and feelings during the learning process. You will also consider the importance of learning styles and teaching techniques.
5. Teaching Practice: Plan and deliver a series of lessons at different levels to gain valuable experience of teaching ESOL. You will also observe experienced teachers teach both at first hand and on video, helping you to become more familiar with how classes are taught.
6. Learner Profile: Write a case study of one particular learner with regard to their linguistic level, their strengths and weaknesses, their motivation and reasons for studying English and other individual differences.
7. Materials Assignment: Enjoy developing your own teaching materials for a particular teaching context and evaluate published and authentic materials. This project forms the basis of your assessed interview with the Trinity College London moderator at the end of the course.
You are continuously assessed on your written work, on short tests and your teaching. The course is moderated by Trinity College London.
Homestay £126 per week Bed, breakfast and evening meal.
Help for Jobs
There is a session on the course dedicated to careers and job searching and advice on CV writing. We have links with agents across the world and in the UK and we forward any job opportunities to our trainees both during and after the course. We also prioritise our trainees if jobs arise in our centre.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.
Map of Sheffield, United Kingdom