School Details - Tel Aviv
The centre is in the heart of Tel Aviv, surrounded by restaurants, cafes and shopping centers. And it’s only about 20 minutes away from the beach! The neighborhood is a mix of residential and commercial areas, so you can find whatever you need after a hard day of work on the CELTA course. The center is a few minutes' walk from the Shalom Train Station. Close to train lines, the freeway and main bus routes, the school is convenient to get to from within Tel Aviv or further away in Israel.
In addition to being well located, the centre is also well equipped. There is a reception area, study area and kitchenette as well as various classrooms. The school has modern facilities including fashionable classroom designs, classic classroom equipment (such as boards, desks and chairs) and modern, electronic equipment such as electronic white boards and projectors.
The Cambridge CELTA is a TESOL/TEFL certification course from the University of Cambridge. It is the most recognized certificate internationally for teachers of English to speakers of other languages. The CELTA helps native or advanced speakers of English understand the English language, teaching methodology and the practicalities of English language teaching. When you finish your CELTA course
you will be a prepared teacher and competitive job hunter in the English teaching industry.
Our school specializes in English language classes and teacher training for current or aspiring English language teachers. Our teaching staff has decades of experience in teaching groups and individuals in a variety of contexts and countries. Our teacher trainers are qualified and experienced in delivering top quality training programs including the Cambridge CELTA course. Our school only uses trainers who have been approved by Cambridge English, a division of Cambridge University.
The CELTA course covers five main areas:
1. Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
2. Language analysis and awareness
3. Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
4. Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
5. Developing teaching skills and professionalism
These five areas are developed throughout the course in various interactive contexts. The main activities during each course day include:
• Input sessions – workshops about teaching methodology and English language
• Teaching practice – practice teaching English language learners
• Teaching practice feedback – written and spoken insight from your Cambridge CELTA tutor about your lesson
• Written assignments – essays and other written work focusing on: analyzing and helping learners, language analysis, language skills lessons, and professional development
After completing the course, you will have been exposed to:
• Basic classroom management skills
• Techniques for effective language teaching
• Fundamental methodology for planning language lessons
• Frameworks for various types of English lessons
• Strategies for analyzing and teaching grammar and vocabulary
• Different contexts in which learners study English as well as their different motivations and learning styles
• Opportunities for future professional development and employment within the English teaching industry, both inside and outside of Israel
There is no final examination on the CELTA course. You will be assessed on your portfolio of work done throughout the course. Final grades are moderated by Cambridge English, a division of Cambridge University.
Course participants are responsible for booking their own housing during their course, but the school is happy to advise people who are unfamiliar with the area.
Direct online booking
There are various websites which have good reputations and on which you can find housing for the duration of your CELTA. Prices and types of accommodation vary.
Recommended housing options
Our school in Tel Aviv has relationships with accommodation providers nearby and is happy to provide contact information for specialized options (hostels, travel agencies, etc.) that can assist with booking your accommodation.
9 am – 5 pm, Sunday - Thursday
Help for Jobs
Job assistance includes a variety of relevant information about the Israeli and international job markets as well as personalized job hunting help.
On the CELTA course you will be provided with general information about job hunting in the English language teaching industry as well as job hunting tips. You will be exposed to varying and relevant professional development options in the industry so that you will be able to keep your skills current and remain a competitive job candidate. There is also a resume and CV workshop at the end of the course where you can talk to a tutor and get their personalized advice on how to adapt your resume or CV to suit the needs of the English language teaching industry.
Each of our tutors is a seasoned professional in the industry and has vast knowledge about schools, organizations and countries where you may want to work. In addition to that, our school has connections to language schools both inside Israel and internationally and so can advise you on finding English teaching jobs in Israel and abroad. For those looking to stay in Israel, we can provide contacts for schools in the country.
To help participants tailor this information to their own needs and situation, each person is also offered a private job consultation. During this time they can ask questions, work on their resume along with a tutor, and compare different job advertisement and teaching location options.
Each of our course tutors has been a teacher, teacher trainer and language school manager. This means that they know what is truly important in a teaching job, professional development, and the mindset of hiring managers. They have worked in many different schools and countries on various continents are eager to share their hard-won lessons about finding English teaching jobs with you.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you're still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now; you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.