Liverpool Knowledge Quarter
Prices and Dates
Trinity Cert TESOL
Course ref: 7225
Course Type: Trinity TESOL
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Min Age: 18
Maximum Class Size: 15
Exam Board Fee Included:
Class Times: Run over a four week period Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, plus one half to full day moderation visit on Saturday week 4.
10% OFF Tuition Fees - for all applicants who pay in full 3 weeks before a course begins. ONLY if applying through Cactus TEFL.
School Details - Liverpool Knowledge Quarter
Since the centre opened their doors in 1999, they have welcomed students from more than 60 countries. The schools aims to ensure that:
- All students learn effectively.
- All students succeed in achieving their goals.
- All students enjoy an exceptional experience.
Facilities on offer at the school (computers, library, etc.):
- There are 26 classrooms; 19 have interactive whiteboards and the rest have flat screen TVs for ILT use.
- 3 computer suites, 2 study centres with online resources and a book, CD and DVD lending library, free Wi-Fi hotspots.
- An onsite coffee shop where you can buy light meals and hot & cold drinks.
- A common room where you can relax, watch TV, chat, browse the internet and have a hot or cold drink.
- A beautiful garden.
- Supervised input sessions covering classroom methodology and language awareness.
- Supervised lesson planning.
- Guided observation of language classes given by experience and qualified teachers.
- Feedback and tutorial sessions from course tutors.
- Observed and assessed teaching practice.
- This will start in the first week and will take place with a group of students from the school. The students attending the class have volunteered for extra classes. The students are aware that the lessons are being delivered by trainee teachers. Trainees need to teach for a minimum of 6 hours. Lessons are usually 30 to 60 minutes. After each lesson you will receive guidance, verbal and written feedback from the observer. Trainees also need to evaluate each lesson, this evaluation forms part of students TP journal.
- Trainees will complete a minimum of 15 non-timetabled study hours on the pre-course task and pre-course reading as well as on homework, and on unsupervised lesson planning and preparation during the course.
Students have the option of staying in residence or with a host family.
Residential accommodation is a great if you like to live a little bit more independently. There are two options, both within close proximity to the school. This option starts at £135/week depending on the room.
Host families are £120/week. All of the hosts live approximately 40 minutes or less from the school on public transport.
Run over a four week period Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, plus one half to full day moderation visit on Saturday week 4.
Help for Jobs
The school welcomes applications from recent TESOL graduates for their Main School and also the Summer Schools. They have been trained by them, so if if the school has vacancies they are glad to work with them further.
There are several local Summer Schools in Liverpool (the centre runs one from July � August) and the TESOL graduates are encouraged to apply.
The centre also have a Facebook page for their graduates which allows them to logon and connect with trainees and teachers abroad. It acts as a networking platform as they as employers are able to pass information on from the forum.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you are still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.
Map of Liverpool, United Kingdom