School Details - Portsmouth
The school is a British Council accredited school and approved to enrol international student visitors by the UK Border Agency. They are also members of English UK.
• Small classes (12 maximum),
• Excellent teachers,
• Fair prices,
• Quality, challenging and fun lessons,
• Comfortable classrooms and a large student area,
• A roof terrace for relaxing outside,
• FREE internet and wireless (Wi-Fi) broadband,
• FREE tea and coffee for all students,
• Caring and efficient accommodation service.
What does the programme include?
The course will teach you the principles of effective teaching. It will provide a range of practical skills for teaching English
ï¿½ CELTA covers learners and will give you hands-on teaching practice.
ï¿½ Five key topics: Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning
ï¿½ Language skills: reading, context Language analysis and awareness
ï¿½ Planning and resources for different listening, speaking and writing
ï¿½ Developing teaching skills and professionalism. Teaching contexts
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed throughout the course and your final grade is based on your progress by the end of the course. The main way you are assessed is through teaching practice ï¿½ you will teach for a total of 6 hours, working with classes at two levels of ability. You will also complete four written assignments.
What attendance is required?
100% attendance is required.
What qualification can be achieved after the programme?
CELTA is awarded to candidates who have completed the programme and who have met the assessment criteria for all written and practical assignments. CELTA can be used to get a job in language schools in the UK and abroad. You can progress onto DELTA.
Tuesdays / Thursdays from 5pm to 8pm & Saturdays from 10am to 4pm
Help for Jobs
The timetable includes an input session on professional development in which there is information about:
- ELT Work Contexts: The possibilities in ELT,
- Job search counselling: Rights and responsibilities
- Your future in ELT: Where do we go from here?
The aim of the input session is to provide trainees with the information and resources required in order to obtain a job in the ELT field.
In addition to this, successful trainees will have a recommendation end of the course report.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you're still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now; you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.