Prices and Dates
Course ref: 4044
Course Type: Cambridge CELTA
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Min Age: 20
Maximum Class Size: 12
Exam Board Fee Included:
Class Times: Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:00
Course starting in December 2018 is split:
10/12/2018 - 21/12/2018 and 07/01/2019 - 18/01/2019
School Details - Zurich
The course is held at a well-established training centre located 5 minutes from Zurich's main train station. The centre spans two floors and comprises six classrooms. Facilities include internet access and a fully-stocked library for trainees to make use of.
CELTA is an initial qualification for people with little or no previous teaching experience and opens up a whole world of exciting teaching opportunities. Because it is awarded by Cambridge ESOL, part of the world-famous University of Cambridge, you can rely on its quality and recognition.
The course is highly practical and provides a broad range of classroom practice rather than a specialised narrow one. The course presents a view of the principles underlying language teaching and deals extensively with the analysis of English from the learners' perspective.
Activities to develop language skills. the presentation of new language, integrating phonology into lessons, syllabus design and timetabling are all considered.
The course programme is designed to enable candidates to develop:
- an awareness of language, a knowledge of the description of English and apply these in their professional practice.
- an initial understanding of the contexts in which adults learn English, their motivations and the roles of the teacher and the learner.
- familiarity with the principles and practice of effective teaching to adult learners of English.
- basic skills for teaching adults in the classroom.
- familiarity with appropriate resources and materials for use with adult learners for teaching, testing and for reference.
There are three components of assessment on the course:
1) Candidates' professional development.
2) Assessment of teaching practice.
3) Written assignments.
Assessment is on a continuous and integrated basis. There is no final examination. Candidates are assessed primarily on their supervised teaching practice and four written assignments.
The school can help you find accommodation with a host family in the Zurich area. This will cost in the region of CHF 200 per week.
Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:00
The school was very well located, the rooms were big enough and comfortable, with a nice atmosphere. The trainers were highly competent and very helpful, our input sessions with them were always interesting and informative, their feedback was constructive and useful.
It was a well-staged course, the assignments were challenging but by no means a burden - on the contrary, they helped us build a solid basis for our teaching practice and future work as teachers.
- Olga Sotnikova -
Help for Jobs
The school generally offers part-time teaching positions to about 80% of the people who take the courses.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.
Map of Zurich, Switzerland