Prices and Dates
Course ref: 2816
Course Type: Cambridge CELTA
Location: Rome, Italy
Min Age: 20
Maximum Class Size: 15
Exam Board Fee Included:
Class Times: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
If you apply for the courses in November, February or May - you will get a 180 EUR discount!
Note that some courses run over 5 weeks, with longer weekends to allow for more individual study time. The number of teaching hours is the same whether the course runs for 4 (Monday to Friday) or 5 weeks (Monday to Thursday). Some courses may start and end midweek.
4 Weeks Courses in 2018 are as follows:
30th May - 27th June
2nd June - 27th July
5 Weeks Courses in 2018 are as follows:
12th Feb - 15th March
School Details - Rome
The school is part of a well known and prestigious network of schools and its Teacher Training Department has been in existence for more than 30 years. It is situated in an attractive building which is centrally located, close to the Colosseum and the main railway station.
Trainees have access to a well-equipped Self Study Centre, including an extensive library of reference materials. They are also allocated their own room, which includes photocopying facilities and a quiet space for meeting with other group members.
Over the years the team at the school prepared more than a thousand candidates from all over the world for careers both in Italy and further abroad. All the Teacher Trainers at the Rome centre have a wide range of teaching and training experience, both in Italy and other countries, and actively participate in day-to-day English language teaching. Many are also Cambridge ESOL examiners and assessors
Each course is approved by Cambridge ESOL and satisfies the CELTA regulations and requirements that ensure that courses:
* are delivered by Cambridge approved staff with the relevant experience and training;
* provide tutorial guidance, support and feedback for all candidates, for both teaching practice and written work;
* include a minimum of 120 hours contact with course tutors including individual tutorials;
* provide 6 hours directed observation of experienced teachers and 6 hours assessed teaching practice;
* are delivered in approved premises and with full access to the required resources;
* maintain and provide course records and provide candidate records;
* observe local laws regarding staff employment and copyright;
* provide candidates with full information regarding candidate enquiries on results and complaints procedure.
The syllabus covers the following areas:
* techniques for developing speaking, listening, reading and writing skills;
* presenting and practising new language;
* classroom management;
* lesson planning;
* practical awareness of language learning and processing;
* language forms and meanings and variations in language styles.
Trainees can book a single room in a flat, with use of kitchen and bathroom for the 4-week period. Prices range from EUR450 to EUR520 according to location and type of flat. A down payment of EUR100 is to be paid at the time of enrolment; the balance of payment must be paid on arrival directly to the family or flat owner.
The flat can be either with a family (please note that most of the 'families' are actually single people), other candidates on the CELTA course or with university students.
The school checks the accommodation for suitability and does not charge any fee for providing this service. It is, however, not responsible for any problems that arise.
Accommodation is from the day before the course begins until the day after the course ends.
The trainers were excellent, very thorough and knowledgeable, and also approachable and extremely helpful. The school was well located and pleasant. A library was available with plenty of resources.
- Clare Churchman -
Help for Jobs
The school does not have a job-finding service but, being the only Cambridge training centre in Rome and one of the longest established in Italy, it frequently receives requests from language schools around Italy and will inform current students of suitable job opportunities as they arise. During the course, there is a session about finding work, how to recognise good schools, and where to find this information. We frequently recruit new teachers for our own schools among newly graduated teachers.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.
Map of Rome, Italy