Suzanne Furstner Scholarship 2016
Would you like to win a TEFL course in one of two fantastic worldwide locations?
Cactus TEFL is bringing back our popular Suzanne Furstner Scholarship in January 2016, and this time we are excited to be giving away not one, but two TEFL courses!
Become a qualified English teacher in the vibrant heart of London, or jet off to Colombia's historic capital to gain your prestigious CELTA qualification – the choice is yours. These are two of the best teacher training courses available and will equip you with the skills and confidence you need to launch a career teaching English.
4-week Trinity CertTESOL course in London, UK
4-week Cambridge CELTA course in Bogota, Colombia
Win a TEFL Course – How to Apply:
- Create a video of 3 minutes maximum on the subject: 'Why I want to become a teacher'
- Videos should be posted on YouTube with the following hashtags in the Comments box: #cactustefl #winacourse
- If you prefer to keep your video private, there is an option to select 'Private' in the Privacy Settings
- The link to the video should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'SF TEFL Prize 2016: [your name]'
- Please specify your preferred course location (London or Bogota)
- Dates for entry 1st January – 30th April 2016
- The course prizes must be taken in September, October or November 2016
- The winning videos will be published on the Cactus TEFL website, Cactus blog and social media channels
- The winners will be required to create a video diary of their course to be published by Cactus.
Read 2014 Scholarship Winner Shervin Hejazi's piece
Shervin took a Trinity CertTESOL course in Prague, Czech Republic
Read 2013 Scholarship Winner Rumina Iftikhar's piece
Rumina took a CELTA course in Philadelphia, USA
Read 2012 Scholarship Winner Anna Jones' piece
Anna took a CELTA course in Brighton, UK
Read 2011 Scholarship Winner Sarah Chamberlain's piece
Sarah followed a CELTA course in Barcelona, Spain
Scholarship Articles 2010 and Winner Simon
Vittorio Moore's blog
Find out about Simon's CELTA course in San Francisco and his first TEFL job in Italy.
Scholarship Articles 2009 and Winner Tatty Scott's blog
Follow Tatty in her life changing journey on a TEFL course in Milan, Italy.
Scholarship Articles 2008 and Winner Georgina Newcombe's blog
Georgina wrote of her CELTA and Spanish course experience in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
Scholarship Articles 2007 and Winner Anna Prime's blog
Anna wrote an online journal of her CELTA course and teaching experiences in Seville, Spain.